Apologies that updates have been a wee bit on the slow side as of late. I hope to fix that soon. But since things have been slow, I thought I’d share some updates on things I’m planning for this site in the not-too-distant future, as well as some changes I’ve been contemplating. Let’s blast through them, shall we?
- I am indeed starting piecing together my list of favorite video games. Because that’s a thing I’ve been saying for a while. Can’t say when it will be done though.
- I also would still like to make a joint list of “greatest games of all time” with some of my fellow bloggers, if we can find a way to communicate on such a thing (why doesn’t WordPress have direct messages again?).
- I hope to start reviewing movies a bit more frequently.
- I plan to start reviewing TV series, probably by seasons, while maybe highlighting exceptional (or not-so exceptional) episodes.
- I have still been considering changing my rating system from the current ‘.5’ system to a whole number system. Or my humorous-but-serious “mostly whole number” system, which would be a whole number system but with the ‘9.5’ score intact. But I may just keep things as they are.
- While I do hope to continue climbing the centennial ranks with my video game reviews, I do see my purchases of new gaming releases shrinking come 2019. Seeing as I don’t get paid to do this, video games remain an expensive hobby and – these days – an incredibly time-consuming one. And I’m the kind of person who likes to take their time with games, so I can see myself reviewing a few notable games released in a given year, with handfuls of older, shorter titles (or shorter indie titles) comprising more and more of my reviews. I just can’t dedicate myself to one 100+ hour game after another like I used to.
- Like my list of favorite games, I’ve also been promising to do some form of videos, and I plan to try that out soon. I’ll start with something simple, and if that goes well, I may just expand on that. My reviews will still primarily be in written form, so I’ll think of other things to do in the video format.
- I plan on getting back into sprite-making and to further my studies on video game design. As I’ve stated ad nauseam, I’d like to create video games someday, so I best start dedicating more time to that. I may even use this site as a means to show/talk about my progress. Or maybe I could make another site for that, if you good people feel that would get in the way of things here.
- I have also been tempted to share some of my drawings and/or creative ideas on this site. I am no great artist, nor do I pretend to be. But I like to draw weird, cartoonish creatures and cute characters, so I dunno. Maybe a sketch or two here and there. Or maybe not.
- I have contemplated making simple changes like making sure to do a weekly movie review (Movie Monday?) and game review. Not that such a weekly review would be the only day for a review in any given week, but it would be a consistent one.
Okay, there’s some stuff. I’m going to try and write a review or something more meaningful next time, I promise. …Or maybe something else about Waluigi.